- In Pre-school and Reception children's writing development are carefully monitored in both adult directed and child initiated activities. These observations help build a picture of a child's progress and are regularly monitored to ensure activities are placed in our provision that provide children suitable challenge to meet the next steps in their learning journey.
- The aim is for children by the end of Reception to form letters correctly in line with the formation taught in the RWI scheme.
- By the time children leave Reception the aim is that they will be able to write simple sentences using their phonic knowledge as well as spelling some tricky 'red' words independently.
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
- Deep dives in writing will evidence the impact for all pupils.
- Children of all abilities achieve in lessons. The most disadvantaged children and children with SEND are given the knowledge and cultural capacity that they need to succeed in life. All children are taught a broad, rich curriculum and still achieve success.
- Regular monitoring alongside staff at CSM to ensure maximum impact. To be reviewed each half term.